The new releases include a new downsampling feature to reduce the polygon count of a model while preserving the model fidelity in a controllable fashion. There are also some exciting updates to the existing features, such as a “clean Bezier surface” option for mesh creation and preservation of texture.
Below are the details of the updates in the new releases:
- Introduced "Downsample" command to decrease the resolution of a mesh
- Create mesh can nowcreate Bezier (i.e. parametric) surfaces, if the boundary is
- A quad of bezier curves and the number of samples on opposite curves match
- A triangle of bezier curves and the number of samples on the longest two sides match
- Introduced "Collapse" command to collapse the selected region to a point
- Mesh editing (upsample and downsample) results are placed in a Sketchup group optionally to allow faster processing.
- Cross Section Tool now supports measured motions.
- (Mac) Plugin now works on Mac OS X v10.5.x.
- (Upsampling & Downsampling) Preserve the texture mapping during upsample and the new downsample
- (Texturing) Preserve SketchUp assigned material transparency in texture creation
- (Texturing) Preserve the horizontal and perpendicular structures (e.g in buildings) in unwrap mode of texture mapping
- (Texturing) Preserve material transparency and color in the texture mapping.
- (Texturing) Do not display uv map in the texture if the seperate uv map output is selected.
- (Move tool) Improved Bezier curve editing.
In addition to the updates included in Tgi3D SU Amorph, Tgi3D SU PhotoScan includes the following fix.
- (Calibration Tool) Added user warning if a camera can not be found in the built-in or local database